Monday, June 16, 2008

Watermelon Boy

On Saturday, we played tour guides for Jeff's friend Avi who was visiting from Seattle. It was great having him here for a couple of days because it gave us a chance to feel like tourists ourselves - without the jetlag! We went to the farmers' market in the morning and then headed to the beach. Around lunch time, I left to pick up beach burgers from the market near the beach. It took forever to get lunch, and I expected to find Jeff and Avi at their wit's end trying to entertain Matthew. To my pleasant surprise, I found them all happily eating watermelon!
Matthew loves watermelon, but this was his first time eating it attached to the rind. It was a wonderful idea, and Jeff wins Father-of-the-Year for that. It kept him entertained for over an hour. Obviously, Matthew wanted to give Jeff a big thank you for treating him like the big boy that he is. So...earlier tonight while Jeff and Matthew where playing at the park, Matthew took his first unassisted steps. Wait, did you read that right? I said, FIRST STEPS! Where was I? Not there, that's where. I'm just so proud of him, and happy that Jeff got to witness such a milestone. I know that it must be hard for the working dad to miss out on so much, but not this time!
ALL HAIL THE WATERMELON!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Musta been the watermelon!