Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So far, so good?

Here's a recap of my day so far:

6AM - Baby wakes
6:01 - Baby begins whining
6:25 - Baby pees on bathroom floor while sitting on potty
6:30 - I discover a trail of ants leading from our lanai door to the kitchen trash can where they are feasting on who knows what
6:35 - I make a mental note to deal with the ants later and instead I eat breakfast
6:55 - I walk outside and around to the back of our house to start a load of all of Matthew's cloth diapers in a not-so-sneaky attempt to get away from the whining
7:00 - Baby is still whining!
7:30 - Whining reaches fever pitch, so baby has breakfast
7:35 - Baby throws all food on floor in attempt to communicate his displeasure with menu
7:45 - I go downstairs to move diapers to the dryer only to realize that they are still in sudsy water because I forgot to close the lid
8:00 - Play "make the bed" with baby... and he didn't fall off! Hooray for the mom of the century!
8:15 - Toilet overflows all over the bathroom floor
8:30 - Check on the diapers again, but the machine is refusing to do anything
8:31 - I make a mental note to use the neighbors' washing machine to finish the load of diapers and call landlord about now-broken washing machine
8:45 - Whine, whine, whine
9:00 - I take baby to the park across the street where we climb and walk and have a lovely time
9:30 - Back from the park and the whining has begun again
9:45 - Bored baby and bored mom decide it's time to nap
10:00 - Not so fast, Mom! After 15 minutes of crying, I realize that baby is probably hungry after his Mardi Gras antics at breakfast
10:02 - I discover that we have no bottles made up, so Super-Mom offers baby Cheerios and grapefruit (his favorites) to stave off tears while bottles are washed, sterilized, and filled
10:05 - Baby informs Stupid-Mom that Cheerios and grapefruit are no longer his favorite
10:06 - Whining has now reached all-out crying, complete with tears
10:15 - Baby finally has his bottle
10:30 - Now that baby is well-fed and exhausted from crying, mom decides to put baby down for a nap
10:40 - I read baby a book while he whines and crawls back and forth over me
10:42 - Baby is FINALLY asleep in crib
10:43 - Mom is lining up shot of tequila at a bar in Waikiki
10:44 - Mom wakes from her day dream and decides to blog instead of tackling chores

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you can't possible be talking about that fine grandbaby of mine! Look at that smile!