Sunday, June 8, 2008

This Weekend

After returning home from our whirlwind vacation (more photos to follow) we had a nice Hawaiian weekend. Friday night as I was driving around looking for something to entertain a bored baby and his tired mom, I ran across the ceremony honoring King Kamehameha. The fire department was helping to string the lei which must have been eighty feet long. They were so beautiful!
Matthew wasn't so into the lei, but he did like the people-watching. And he stood up unassisted for the first time right after I took this picture, so I think he enjoyed it. He is still pretty wobbly on his feet, but he's getting there. He can walk and walk holding on to only one hand! Then on Saturday we went to a baby birthday party and Matthew got to wear a cute lion hat. His dad put it on backwards because he said it looked cooler that way.
After Matthew managed to lick EVERY toy at the party, we headed home and power napped. Today was a mini-field day (Jeff's way of saying chore day) because we're just so tired from vacation that we can't get motivated. Plus, Jeff received not one, not two, but three model airplane kits in the mail while we were gone, so I've lost him to the garage for good. I'm glad we just had a nice vacation together because I don't think I'll be seeing much of him for a while...

No comments: