What really makes you a mommy is dealing with finger painting. Here's Matthew's first drawing:
I'm not going to bore you with all the details, but let's just say: That isn't paint. I spent the better part of the morning yesterday cleaning. And calling the pediatrician.
By the way, when he isn't painting, Matthew is walking a few steps on his own these days. See the video Matthew walks to prove.

1 comment:
I must say that none of my children have ever finger painted with poop, but once during a naptime, John took off his dirty diaper, stepped in it, and stomped around on the carpet. I commented to a friend that I had finally arrived at motherhood after 9 1/2 years of only thinking I was a real mom. You have arrived much sooner.
You know that I think motherhood is the best job around, as evidenced by my prolific procreation, but it is also thankless and lonely at times. Keep your spirits up, get on the phone to talk with grown-ups (like your mom, good friends, or cousins), and remember that Matthew very soon will no longer be a baby. It is trite but true, they grow up so fast. Keep up the good work!
Love,
Emily
Post a Comment