Saturday, April 5, 2008

Farmers' Market

Today Matthew and I went to the Farmers' Market on the backside of Diamond Head. It was a beautiful day and Matthew woke up early to enjoy it all. (We're in the process of phasing out his nighttime feed, which is fine with him as long as he can still be awake to complain about it.) I was looking forward to the freshly roasted coffee at the market, and Matthew was looking forward to eating the mango/tofu/rice mixture that I brought for his breakfast. (It's his favorite after bananas. He'll eat anything with bananas in it. I gave him peas and bananas the other day and I thought he was going to lick the bowl.)

Unfortunately, in my haste to get to the coffee, I forgot to stop and get cash, so no market purchases for us. Instead, we sat under a nice shady tree and watched all the people going to the market. Matthew showed off his new teeth and I tried to telepath my desperate need for coffee to one of the passers by in hopes that the would return with an extra cup, or at least trip over something and hurl some of their coffee in my direction. It was not to be. No matter, I got some great shots of the big little one and chatted with a nice couple whose daughter is only a month younger than Matthew. Her name is Opal. How sweet is that?

No comments: