Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Parade

Today Matthew had a Halloween Parade at school. All of the children dressed up in costumes for a photo op on the steps, then a parade around the block, then some songs in the auditorium. Matthew has been singing these songs for weeks, so it was nice to finally hear the originals (I have wondering what a "baffry bat" is but now I know it's a "belfry bat". I guess I should have been able to figure that one out but I've been stumped.) For a video of him singing along, check the sidebar.
Buzz even got dressed up, but he's not a big fan of his cozy costume, given that it's still in the 80's here. (Who knew it would still be so warm!) So he pretty much hobbled around crying the whole time he had his costume on. I just told everyone it was his dragon impression and went on focusing on how Matthew was doing as Power Man. From the time he got dressed this morning, he chastised me repeatedly for calling him Matthew. "Oh, Mama, but you're confused. You called me Matthew but I'm Power Man."

After all the festivities, the kids went back into their classrooms to change clothes and get on with the day, including a yummy snack of Halloween cookies and fruit. We're gearing up for a fun weekend, if only the parents will be able to keep up. Halloween is big in our neighborhood (read: fire dancers on the roof of our neighbors house) so I'm bracing for a weekend full of commotion. Happy Halloween!

No comments: