Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pappy's Visit

Last weekend, Matthew's PawPaw came to visit. By the end of the weekend, he was Pappy and we were all sad to see him go. On our last night together, we checked out a Tampa Bay Rays game. Pappy is a big baseball fan, and Matthew's initials spell MLB, so we knew it would be a memorable occasion. Matthew's favorite part were the peanuts, which his Papa and Pappy couldn't shell fast enough for him. At one point he was eating the shell out of pure desperation.
Later on, I think he was getting full because he pulled a partially-chewed, dried cranberry out of his mouth and stuck it right in Pappy's! I saw the whole thing, but it was loud in the ballpark and I wasn't quick enough to intercept. Luckily, Jeff caught the moment immediately after the trade on film. We would have stayed longer, but by the 5th inning, I was in so much pain from sitting that I had to throw in the towel. These days, I don't have much room to myself with what feels like another tall, and even more active, baby boy inside.

Matthew really enjoyed himself at the game and talked for days about going to the "baseball game up high". He was especially impressed at the hitting which was profuse, but mostly achieved by the opposing team. No matter and we had a lot of fun. The stadium here is lots of fun. They have cool things like this horse that Matthew played "Bronco" on. Doesn't he look like he's ready for the rodeo? Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend and Matthew can't stop talking about "Pappy come back soon"!

No comments: