Here's a shot of the ladies (and gents) in the baby hui (pronounced who-ee) I hosted from October through December. These ladies were so great, and their babies were, too! I was hoping for a few trouble infants that I could help sort out - using all of the wonderful knowledge I gained with Mr. Matthew - but all of these little ones are sweet and healthy! I couldn't join them this weekend at the zoo, but here they all are in front of the keiki (children's) zoo. It really makes me happy that they are still getting together, even though our program is over. I think the little ones like it, too!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Baby Hui
Here's a shot of the ladies (and gents) in the baby hui (pronounced who-ee) I hosted from October through December. These ladies were so great, and their babies were, too! I was hoping for a few trouble infants that I could help sort out - using all of the wonderful knowledge I gained with Mr. Matthew - but all of these little ones are sweet and healthy! I couldn't join them this weekend at the zoo, but here they all are in front of the keiki (children's) zoo. It really makes me happy that they are still getting together, even though our program is over. I think the little ones like it, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
From way, way back, I remember a parody song called "I'm a Filipino" by 3 Local Boyz that was peppered all over with interjections of "Hui!" These two contexts don't seem to match, so is hui a workhorse word?
Post a Comment