Friday, March 21, 2008

Big Day

Matthew had a big day today. It started at midnight when he woke up and decided to scream for an hour or so. I think it's because my previous post mentions what a great sleeper he is. Or it could be his new tooth. What's that you say? A tooth? Yes! Matthew now has the upper portion of a very cute tooth sticking out of his bottom gum. That happened on Monday, and I haven't noticed anything specific to teething, but he has been a surly boy for the past week or so. I think he's using the tooth as an excuse, faking the pain, and trying to get me to rock him to sleep again like I did when he was sick. Last night, I tried rubbing his gums, but that only made him louder.

When it was time to get up, I had to jump up because I'm trying to catch his morning poop and not let him go in his diaper. I felt like lead this morning, but I got up, made it to the potty, only to discover I was too late. Oh well. We spent the rest of the day having fun. On Fridays, we meet some international mommies for a playdate in Waikiki. Out here, Alabama counts as a foreign country. A good time was had by all and Matthew was asleep in the carrier before I got to the car. He even slept the whole way through being buckled in to the carseat. So sweet.

Then we had a great time at the park across the street once Papa got home. Only Jeff would think to send the baby down the slide. Below is a picture of the two of them right before the craziness ensued. Matthew took the ride in stride and didn't complain until the third time when his shirt rode up and he got slide burn on his back. Ouch. Matthew loves the park, especially watching basketball, soccer, and the other kids playing on the jungle gym. Today he was particularly fond of a red tricycle. I guess I know what we're getting him for Christmas...

No comments: