Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guillaume est deux!

Thanks go out to my mom, ever the life-saver, who lent me her camera so that I could take some pictures of these boys. And it was just in time, too, since Buzz celebrated his second birthday last week!


Last year, we started a tradition of going out to eat at Crabby Bill's in his birthday in honor of him being, well, a crabby bill. (His zodiac is cancer and his real name is...well, y'all already get the picture.) I can't believe the place isn't over run with birthday party celebrating Bills this time of year...
Last year, we went to the land-locked restaurant near our house because I thought the name was cute, but I had no idea that there is an entire Crabby Bill's network in Pinellas County. This year, we chose the one near the Clearwater pier so that we could all play at the playground and go swimming after dinner.
For his birthday this year, Buzz got a "truuuuck". I'm so sorry that I don't have video of him talking because talk he does and most of it about trucks. He knows all about construction machines, fire engines, airplanes & helicopters. If it's a vehicle, he's into it. The other day, we got to help the recycling guy dump the stuff into the back of the truck and Buzz was so excited that he peed in his pants. No matter, he's still in diapers!

A few days after his birthday, we had a little party for him at the house. So fun. Here he is with Matthew trying to figure out what we're talking about when we say, "Alright, blow out the candles!" That was definitely something I should have practiced with him before.

The theme of Buzz's party was Bob the Builder, Can he birthday? And the answer is: Yes, he can. Buzz loves Bob the Builder, who he affectionately calls Bob Bilwer. The only song he loves more than Bob Bilwer is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Don't get me started on how often I get requests to sing Chitty Bang Bang 'cause I might get carried away and start telling you how proud I am that I know all the words!

Buzz's other present from us was this playhouse. The boys love it, and so do the mosquitoes. They all play in there for hours each day. Buzz comes out looking like he's got the chicken pox from all the welts and sores. And then Matthew bops out with not a bite on him. Ahh...

Speaking of big brothers, Matthew has a big birthday coming up in a few weeks and it shows. He is so mature and thoughtful, funny and sweet. His reasonableness is amplified by Buzz's frequent meltdowns, but that's the be expected of a two year old and his big brother. I'm just so pleased at the way these two boys are growing up. How much they enjoy each other and their world.

1 comment:

Mary Alice said...

You can keep the camera!!