Friday, September 18, 2009

All Smiles

We're all smiles around here, these days. Okay, it's no cake-walk having two little ones and setting up a new home, and trying to find some time to sleep and talk to your spouse - but things are good. Little William just won't stop smiling and flashing those beautiful blue eyes at everyone in the family. We call him Buster Blue and marvel at the genetic Jenga that brought him to us so perfectly. Even Big Brother Buster Brown says, "He's so nice!" and takes his socks off to nuzzle his feet. Do I have pictures of any of this? No. Do I have time to do anything but keep up? No. But luckily we've had more visitors, dinner parties, and playdates than our entire time in Hawaii, so we are feeling pretty lucky. I wish that my grandmother was here to see that her genes (the blue eyes and calm disposition) have shown themselves once again in our little William Percy, named for her husband. I think she would be all smiles, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genetic Jenga? I love it. He is adorable. You are not just "keeping up," you are raising a family. The sleep will come in time. Just make sure you do have the time to talk to your husband. Keep up the good work!

Emily

Luz Fernandez said...

We still struggle with finding that balance--it is definitely a work in progress. But...it does get better, as it will for you. It is tough in the beginning, but you have always done great with challenges :-) Don't worry about pics and the like--you are creating wonderful memories with your family, and that is more important than any blog post. thanks for the update :-)

Mary Abigail said...

He is CUTE!!!! I promise to be in touch soon!

Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear you're doing so well, and managing lots of dinner parties and playdates. William is gorgeous. And I love 'genetic jenga'. You should write a book when you have a few spare moments.

Miss you.

Melissa xx