Friday, May 8, 2009
Lady Bugs
Here's some shots from our layover in LA when we ran into a herd of ladybugs. Matthew was fascinated. He continues to point to his knuckle (where the Jeff and I were placing the ladybugs for him) in a request for more of those fun little creatures. When we tell him that they're all gone, he makes a buzzing sound and writes on the air with his pointer finger to imitate them flying away. So sweet.
We have gotten lots of inquiries as to our whereabouts, well being, and future plans in the last few weeks. The truth is that we are fine and enjoying our new life in Florida. I wish I could say that we have all been well during the past weeks, but Matthew and I both fought through colds following our multi-flight journey, and now he is battling an unknown illness that has caused him to have alarmingly high fever for the last four days without other symptoms. Luckily, we have Jeff to help nurse us both to health, and I'm hopeful that we'll be back on our healthy feet again soon.
After our car was stolen a few weeks before our move from Hawaii (did I mention that already?), we were not looking forward to purchasing a new one. But car negotiations in Florida - and in this "new" economy - just aren't what we went through in Hawaii, and we now have a beautiful new car, car seat, and car toys to carry us around town. Jeff's car has arrived in Orlando and we're trying to figure out the best way to retrieve it that doesn't involve listening to car-seat-whining for the 2 hour drive there and back. We're putting that off until next week.
After 10 days in a hotel when we first arrived, we moved into a beautiful, furnished condo that Jeff found. He's truly the best at researching options and I'm thankful each day that he's on my team. Having a washer, dryer, dishwasher, couch, and no one knocking on the door to ask if we want housekeeping is priceless, not to mention the fact that this place is cheaper than the hotel and in the neighborhood where we're trying to find a house.
Finally, our big little boy continues to amaze and entertain us. He's all words now. We taught him his colors and now he's able to make compound phrases like "white airplane" and "Blue Thomas [the train]". What's more, he says, "I see" in front of things he sees, making him the youngest child ever to form a sentence (or something like that). My favorite phrase of his is "swim soup" as in, "Let's put on our swim soup and go to the pool." In the last two days, he's started saying what things are NOT. For instance, we've been teaching him his letters and he's been saying that A is "sailboat" because of its shape, I suppose. This morning, he walked in and pointed to the A and said, "not sailboat". When I praised him and asked him what it was, he said, "A". So smart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope Matthew gets better soon! Did you take him to the doctor?? I'm thinking ear infection. Glad to see y'all are doing ok. And, I can't believe that about your car!!!!!!
Post a Comment